I’ve had my puppy for a little over two weeks and the hardest thing has been leaving the house – even for 5 minutes.
I look into those cute little puppy eyes and I realize I can’t tell him “I’ll be back” in a way he actually understands.
Last night, I decided it had been a while since I got my nails done so I went. My husband sends me this picture and I immediately regretted it!
It’s even worse because I’m going on vacation next week. Normally, we would not have planned getting a puppy and going on vacation so close together, but we didn’t plan getting the puppy, it just worked out that way.
So I’ve officially decided if I had one superpower it would be to talk to animals because then I could tell my dog that I’ll be home and just how long I’ll be – and he’ll understand.
Plus we could hang out and chat all the time. I’d finally know what goes through his head.
AND not to mention all the other animals I could talk to – though I probably wouldn’t make them clean my house like in the Disney movies (unless they offered). I could tell squirrels to get out of the road. I could coax spiders to leave instead of having to kill them (and who knows- maybe they’d be the nicest?). Calm down animals at the vet. Oh, and so much more!
Long story short, I could do a lot and it would be fun – though if anyone saw they’d probably think I was crazy.
It’s amazing that it has already been two and half weeks since we got Sora – it has really flown by. But in those few weeks I have learned a lot about myself (including my favorite superpower) and a lot about him. So enough about me, here’s some stuff about him.
Here are 10 facts about Sora:
- He loves collecting slippers and the occasional shoe.
- His attention with a toy only lasts about a minute. I have yet to be able to determine a favorite.
- He has a cycle – awake for 1 hour, sleep for 2.
- He is obsessed with food (no surprise there) but he is even more obsessed with water!
- He watches TV – the first time I saw it was watching Lord of the Rings on our 2nd day together.
- He is a fast learner. In 4 days, we mastered come, sit, down, paw. We are working on stay today!
- His schedule has forced me to get up early every day – something I can’t do on my own AND makes me get off my butt. He’s an unintentional coach.
- He goes to the bathroom about once an hour. Not fun on a day like today where we are getting a Nor’easter and a foot of snow ( We bring him out on a leash while training).
- He learns from my in-laws dog, Baby. It’s adorable. Even watching them play, he picked up her funny habit of using her butt and throwing it at the opponent, knocking them down. So now we have two dogs who throw their butts at each other – it seems to be an effective tactic.
- He is the best boy. Though I admit I may be just a little biased.