1.”It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” Dumbledore is one of the wisest men I (n)ever met. Even if he does make some questionable decisions, on which there are NUMEROUS cartoons.2. “Of course it is happening inside your head Harry, but why on earth should that make it any less real?” The truest statement to a day-dreamer like myself.
3. “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” This one is probably in my top 3, no correlation to it being number 3 on my list.
4. “You’re a wizard, Harry.” Four words I wish I had heard on my 11th birthday! Well, with Melanie at the end instead of Harry. I’m still hoping at 24.
5. “Just because you’ve got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have.” This one just gets me every time. I love Hermoine, I really do. Can I be her?
6. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Even though these books are (supposedly) fictional, the lessons are real. Raise your kids on Harry Potter, my friends, it’ll teach them all they need to know about life and dreams.
7. “Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic.” Very true. But one of the hardest to master! I think JK Rowling nailed it.
8. “Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number 4 Privet Drive, were proud to say they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.” The beginning, need I say more?
9. “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.” Nothing is black and white, that includes in hearts of men.
10. “All this time?”
“Always.” I’d say this is one of the most profound quotes in the whole thing, and the most significant part was one word.
These are in no particular order, if I had to do that, it would take forever!
Did I miss any of your favorites?